A girl with God and a lot of yeses in the middle


Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Whoa Narnia

So ever since I received this book from the great land that is the United States, I've become a bit of a recluse.  I've also become a little bit obsessed.  I read every night before bed, which before bed and after work means from 6pm-9pm, we don't have evening activities.  Much to the delight of Jeff Brown I got really sad when I realized that reading them in the chronological order revealed to much information prematurely.  So, Jeff I've changed my ways.

I did in fact read the Magician's Nephew first, but followed with The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe, and just this evening I finished Prince Caspian.   I know you all read them as children, but somehow I missed this bandwagon.  The books knock the socks off of the movies.  Boooooo movies.

Anyways my obsession became bittersweetly obvious yesterday.  As a team we rotate watching the 2 kids on our team on Mondays.  Yesterday was my Monday.  You know how after babysitting for a while you think, "I'm tired, what low key thing could I convince them is so awesome, and then just be able to sit?" yesterday I thought that.  I also wanted to know what happened in the next chapter of Prince Caspian so I read the book to the kids.  I didn't start the book, I picked up where I left off.  Thankfully they've listened to the books a bazillion times so it worked.  I got to read and work.   Yes world, I used the children to read my book.  Don't judge me, you've done the same exact thing.

This is the first thing I've been able to read here.  Our lives are consistently so intense and intentional that I have a hard time getting myself into any book that's not super fun.  While talking about this with my team leader he reminded me that we don't have many outlets for recreation.  My recreation is reading these books now.  I'll probably finish them all by the end of next week.  Especially because Saturdays are a wide open day to read for like 10 hours.  I could probably read 2 books Saturday.

However I will reign myself in.  Mostly because we are attempting to create, master, and dominate the homemade breakfast burrito this weekend.  Last night I made homemade tortillas for the first time, and everything else that goes into a breakfast burrito is fairly simple.  I'll let you know how that goes.

Well my dear blog friends, thanks for always reading.  Thanks for always praying.  Thanks for always being curious about who God is, what he's doing, and reading my random musings.

bon nui

2 comments:

  1. I love it!!!! Personally, I agree with Jeff on the order thing (go figure) :)

    How did the tortillas go? I'm still working on that...

    So glad you are enjoying the books!!

    Praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for reading them in order!! :) Glad to be of help -- hope it helps you enjoy this classic series even more!

    ReplyDelete