A girl with God and a lot of yeses in the middle


Wednesday, December 29, 2010

My Mom

Today is my Mom's birthday.  I love her a lot.  I won't tell you how old she is, but I can tell you she looks nothing like her age.  My sisters and I sometimes joke about how our parents are cooler than we are and by parents we mean mom.  Here we are at their Christmas party, notice who is definitely having the best time...mom.

She is by far one of my favorite people on the planet to receive gifts from.  My top love language is gifts, and not cheesy gifts, but gifts that take a lot of thought and planning.  She is the best at this. 2 years ago I found this amazing bed side table at a boutique in Waco and wrestled with whether or not to buy it.  It was $100 bucks and I finally decided that despite it's glory as a table I could not afford it.  Then came Christmas.  I had a small box that I couldn't figure out what was inside, I generally figure out surprises, and it was an old piece of Barbie furniture with a note taped to it that said the table had been purchased and was waiting for me to pick up when I returned to Waco.  I cried, over a table.  More than that, the thoughtfulness of my mom to go through the hassle to purchase the table and have it ready for me when I got home.
I love this table

She is thoughtful, she is caring, she is incredibly sensitive and she never once has not taken care of me and my sisters.  I one day hope to love for, care, and sacrifice my life for my own children.  So, my mom is amazing.  She is way cooler than me and she is my and my sisters' biggest fan.  I love to celebrate with her and today and I will simply celebrate her.  I love you mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment