From left to right, me, Ronnie, Kate, Monique, Melaney
Katie, Haven, and Jason
We, meaning I, really don't like this photo but it's all I have right now. We'll take a new picture on a day I feel prettier. Because well, I'm pretty. They are one of the things I am most excited about when it comes to this new journey. We laugh hard when we get together and we're going to need it on the battle field.
After the holiday, here are a few things I'm thankful for.
- Jesus; He is my best friend, and he will always be with me.
- The fact that I sat at a table today with tons of people and we laughed. Not fought, laughed.
- Waco; it may be known for some crazy stuff, but the nations are being changed by a small group of people who keep saying yes to Jesus.
- My sisters; We love each other a lot. They make me a better person.
- My Dad; He is a man of integrity and joy. He is so joyful he makes himself laugh at himself.
- My Mom; she has literally been second since the day I was born. She always gave up first place for me and my sisters.
- My cousins; they are awesome and really more like brothers and sisters.
- The season of life I am in. I'm not sure I've ever felt as raw as I do now, but the Holy Spirit is oh so near and oh so safe. Risking with him is easy; he always catches you.
- Adventure; my life could be really boring, but it is definitely not.
- The church.
This semester has been nothing less than a roller coaster of emotions. I mean, I am moving away. I've never really done that. The body of Jesus, the church, has been by my side. On days when I just need to cry like really, really hard, and on days where all I want to do is go to a football game, the body has been there. It functions oh so beautifully when it's people do what they were created to do. I love my church, and I love the church. I don't ever want to do anything alone, and not just because I'm extroverted. Thank you friends and family for being the church. Thank you for coming along side me during high days and low days. You bring me deeper healing.
Well it's no longer Thanksgiving, like technically it's not anymore, so I'm going to bed. Tomorrow I will live life and life to the full again because He is the best.
I unashamedly ask for comments again