A girl with God and a lot of yeses in the middle


Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Whoa 2012, how'd you get so crazy so fast?

Seriously.  The last few days of 2011 plus the first few days of 2012 I sat down and in my true Amanda fashion planned my calendar for the entire year.  This calendar included perfectly timed meetings, well thought out personal days, and restful peaceful travel plans for R&R's.

In reality I should stop making plans.  On January 1 2012 I had a peaceful February full of sun and fun planned.  Guess what, my first two weeks of February will be cold and snow filled.  Nope, I won't be in Haiti.  I get to to on another fundraising trip, but this one will be to cold Boston, sunny San Diego, and equally cold plus rainy Portland & Seattle!  My peaceful and well thought through calendar was demolished in one conversation!!  I also will be leaving the eternal summer for, WINTER!!  My hopes and longings for warm coats and starbucks that doesn't make me sweat are coming true.  I've never been to Boston, and I'm not going to lie, I'm incredibly excited!!  The only North eastern city I've ever been to is the one and only NYC, and I'm so excited to see a new part.  I've also never been to San Diego.  There will be a bit of a temperature difference between the two coasts, but I'm excited.

The down side, I have to leave home for two weeks.  There are up sides and down sides to my apparently traveling life.  You plant and you leave behind.  My team here has become family and our Haitian partners have become dear friends.  While it seems very exciting to be a coast to coast traveler, airports are only cool for so long, and one should not have the advanced knowledge of the Miami International airport like I do.  I will have my fare share of airports & train stations in two weeks, including my first ever red eye, eek.

Please be praying for our trip as we will be connecting people from 4 amazing churches with what God is doing in & through Haiti Transformed.  It's really exciting to once again see how God has bigger plans and better thoughts than we could have ever imagined.  It is also exciting for me on a personal level as I have been handed the incredible privileged of learning a lot during this trip.

After I get back from my whirlwind coast to coast adventure, my Mom & Dad will be coming to Haiti!!!!!!  I could scream I'm so stinking excited.  Then after that I will go back to Texas with them for a real week of R&R spending quality time with my family.  Yet another rendevou with the Miami airport ;).

So 2012, I ask that you would be a little less crazy, but at the same time I don't.  Adventure never ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment