A girl with God and a lot of yeses in the middle


Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Love

It is the best way for me to express how I feel about my life these days.  Our team has entered a new season of lots of language learning.  If you know me you know I love languages.  Every where I've traveled I've tried to pick up a basic understanding of the language.  This has lead me to understand a little French, a little Arabic, a lot of Spanish, and some others here and there.

Every Tuesday is Kreyol day!  So, all day I spoke haitian creole, I read creole, I sang creole, and I thought in creole.  I really am loving this language.  Tonight I successfully was able to explain to our night guard when to turn off the generator, turn on the inverter, and if the batteries died, to turn the generator back on.  People, this is a big deal!  This afternoon I had a wave of love for my life & this nation sweep over me.  I was sitting in the courtyard of a girls orphanage under a huge mango tree talking about who I looked like in my family, what color our hair is, and how much we love each other, all in creole with one of our translators.  Around this courtyard there are palm trees, and inside the Father's heart is being expressed to about 30 orphaned girls.

I love my life.  Today I thought, "what if I had said no to his invitation last March?"  I would have missed so much.  I'm not going to lie or act like it's easy to live here.  I am a weak American from Dallas, it's hard to live here.  You've read about my hard days, but today is a day of celebration.  I LOVE LIVING IN HAITI.  I wouldn't change anything about my life right now.  Yes I would like the bank to be a drive through experience, yes I would like to stop at HEB to pick up dinner, but oh how much I've gained from what I let go of. Today I am thankful, and it's not a choice, I am just thankful.  I'm thankful for my team.  Team life has the potential to be very difficult, but in His grace I feel like I'm doing this with friends I've know for forever.

Haiti, you've changed me, and I love you.  His plans are to prosper and not to harm, to give a hope and a future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment